Old Fashioned Family Traditions: Natural pest control

Inactive Member

Natural pest control

HELP! I have something making my flowers die! The leaves are full of holes but I don't see any bugs! I know I heard somewhere that you can mix soap and water and spray it on the plants to kill bugs. Does anyone know if this is true? I need help really fast!
    Thanks for your help!
    Caima

Yes you can, I have done it for years...but it depends on what kind of bug it is, it might not kill all...but I think it's pretty good for most...
    "Busy monster eats dark holes in the spirit world
    Where wild things have to go To disappear Forever"
    Bruce ****burn

Inactive Member
    Lina,
    Wow! Thanks for the quick reply! Do you know if there is any certain amt. of soap to water or if it is dish soap or laundry soap or maybe even bar soap? Thanks again! I have lots of birds and squirrels and don't want to poison them!
    Caima

I use dish soap, about 8 to 10 drops of dish soap to on of those spray bottles you use to mist house plants...but do this early in the morning or after the sun goes down...I know it works for sure on mites and aphids...I also have always had lots of birds and it never seemed to hurt them...repeat this at least twice...(once a day)...I got a tip on skidders a few weeks back that works...take a small white bowl, add a few drops of Joy lemon dish soap, or dish soap and a squeeze of lemon, fill with water, I don't know if it's the bowl, soap, lemon or what...but the skidders drink it, and then fly about ten feet and die...strange but it worked...
    "Busy monster eats dark holes in the spirit world
    Where wild things have to go To disappear Forever"
    Bruce ****burn

Inactive Member
    Thanks again! I'll try both ideas. We bought our house less than a year ago and really don't have any gardening skills! ( Does it show a little ? ) Any info or tips will be appreciated! I love this site !
    Caima

Thread Information